Saturday, June 11, 2016

Well, Koyani has finally jumped from one side of the cupboard to the other. He is good! I have watched him and he has no problem. It makes sense that he wants to be on the other side. On one side when he looks out the window all he sees is the big tree blocking his way. On the other side he is able to look out the window and see the street and the front of the small yard. So he is able to watch the birds out there.

When I am able to get a new shade for the front window he will be able to look out and see more. Right now the shade is broken and can't be rolled up to open it. And he can't see too much from the window in his room, just a small area. He does enjoy looking out that window, though, to see "little squirrel" and the birds.

Just wish I knew how to control his bossiness. :)  Things have to be his way or he gets frustrated with me.

In March the veterinarian came to give Koyani his shots. I ended up calling a new doctor, with an assistant to help her. The last doctor we had was good, Tiger and Thomas gave her no problems. But Koyani is too much for one person to handle. He does not like to be touched except when he wants to be petted, on his terms. He hates to be picked up or held, so it is not easy. The first visit did not go well so we had to reschedule. The second visit the doctor had to sedate him a bit so she was able to give him his shots, exam him, and microchip him. 

Now my problem is getting his nails clipped. Since he hates to be handled it has not been easy to find someone to do it. I finally called the animal hospital and we have an appointment next month. They understand they will have to sedate him to be able to clip his nails. 


I wish I understood what was going thru Koyani's mind. When he was a baby he loved to be held. He would fall asleep in my arms. After having him neutered his whole personality changed. I wish he was more cuddly but that is not how he is anymore. I accept that, but I wish he was easier to handle. I don't like having to have him sedated to have anything done.

Koyani is very skittish and will hide when anyone enters the house. Even people he knows. I always talk to him and tell him who is coming over so he is not surprised, but he still hides when they come in. If it is someone he knows well he will come out and be comfortable with them after a few minutes.
 

When I am waiting for my Peapod delivery I always let Koyani know ahead of time. I made up a little song while we are waiting for the truck. Koyani waits with me, until the driver walks up the steps, then he runs and hides and stays hidden until the driver leaves. Then he comes out and has to inspect what was delivered.

It's a good thing I love Koyani because who else would put up with his ways?

No comments: