Friday, May 11, 2012

Koyani, my baby

I took some shots of Koyani at play, or tried to, at least. He is so full of energy it is difficult to catch him at a still moment. But I got a few.

Here he is peeking at me thru the legs of the scratching post. We had gotten that scratching post after Thomas moved in with us, so it is about 14 or 15 years old. Originally each leg had a different covering on it, but Thomas got a lot of use out of it and it eventually had to be recovered. Koyani took to using this scratching post right away at 2 months old.


It took me forever to get this shot. Koyani loves to play in my walk-in tub. He gets on the seat and pops up at me. Actually, he loves to do that, no matter which room we are in. He jumps out to scare me. Of course, most of the time I can see what he is about to do so I can prepare myself to not get startled and fall. But once in a while he does catch me by surprise. 



This next shot I could not resist. He knows not to get on the counter. But I had taken the curtain down to wash and he wanted to see something outside. Usually I open the door so he can look thru the screen door, but I was cleaning and wasn't able to watch him at the door.  Yesterday someone told me I worry too much, but I am always afraid he will one day be able to push the screen door open and get out. Tiger was good at opening doors and Koyani is very smart like Tiger was. Some day Koyani will figure out how to open doors, I'm afraid.

I love this photo.

Well, Koyani is now 7 months old. He has grown so much from the tiny baby that came to me.

No comments: