Saturday, January 19, 2008

What Am I

I am what people call a "military brat" or an "overseas brat". My father was in the Air Force so we moved a lot. Most people would enjoy that, I think. Not me. I had always longed for roots. Going to a different school every year is not my idea of fun. When I was younger we spent 2 years in Taiwan. I don't remember a lot about it, just bits and pieces. But my last 2 years of high school we were stationed in Tokyo, Japan. Could that be why I enjoy watching subtitled Asian dramas?
I didn't really develop this "love" of them until after my husband died. Mostly because we didn't watch anything that was subtitled. His eyes were not good enough to read the subtitles and he didn't think it was fair to have me read everything out loud for him. Actually, he called me his eyes. I usually read a lot of stuff out loud for him. We both enjoyed that. I love to read, anyway.
Later I will write about after my husband died, but right now is not a good time. It is getting too close to the anniversary of his death and I am trying real hard not to get into a depressed state of mind. Sometimes talking about him helps, sometimes not. I don't always know what mood I will be in when I wake up in the morning. Maybe it depends on the dreams I have while sleeping? But lately Tiger has been getting on my nerves more than usual. I think he is not happy with my moods and he can tell what is going on. He and my husband were very close. They had a strong bond. Sometimes I can feel him tense up if I mention Daddy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welocme to blogland. I'll add you to my list as well. I've nagged you in the past to start writing and I still remember that cool website you had. Have fun.

wmroberts53 said...

Hi Diane thanks for fixing the comment log on your web page I was reading one of your blogs about a friend named Will did i know him?